Thursday, May 31, 2007

The '80's Tag

We've been tagged by Jams. What we had to do was:

1. Go to Pop Culture Madness
2.Pick the year you turned 18 (look to the side bar and there are tabs for Billboard number 1 hits for each decade)
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you
5. Pass it on


Ok, the year was 1988 & the month was January. The number 1 hit of the week was "George Harrison" - Got My Mind Set On You

.


I don't remember this being number 1, but there again I can't argue what I believe was number one as I really don't remember! What I do remember is it snowed for my birthday. So there I was with a number of friends, all trying to look cool, tottering around town from bar to bar in high heeled shoes/boots trying to look cool whilst keeping our balance. An art form I could carry off well in those days.

Later that year I got engaged (far too young & against the better judgement of Pops, but did I listen? No!). Three days after I ended up in hospital after being a passenger in a rather nasty car accident. My now ex-husband was horrified as he had been the driver of the car & was uninjured (even though the accident itself was not his fault). I remember him buying me this track whilst I was recovering after my second operation . . . .


"Phil Collins" - Groovy Kind Of Love

But the track that really catapults me back to 1988 is this one . . .


"Bobby Ferrin" - Don't Worry Be Happy

"Us Danes" have decided that we will only tag people once per week, therefore please feel free to join in this tag if you choose. Don't forget to leave a link to your post in the "Pats For The Pooch" box if you are brave enough to rise to the challenge x x

3 Pats for the Pooch:

jams o donnell said...

I dont remember the Harrison song getting to number 1 but then I didnt follow the charts much by them.

Is it 19 years since Bobby Ferrin sang that song? Where does the time go!

Shaz said...

Well thats what the pop culture madness site gave me! I think I must have gone through most of 1988 in a blur!!

Mimi Lenox said...

What a cute and colorful blog you have. Awesome.

Thanks for writing about the peace globe. I look forward to seeing yours. Have a great day!