Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Five Things

Kai The Buzz Queen has tagged us for this little ditty . . . .

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

1. Holly's Corner
2. Daddy Forever
3. The Ice Box
4. The Buzz Queen
5. Us Danes & Our Family

Next select five people to tag:

1. Ruth
2. Akelamalu
3. Gracie
4. Jam's
5. Comedy Plus

Then answer the following questions: (Read on for my answers)

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was stilled married, I was miserable, short of money & unqualified. Although not everything was doom & gloom. The girlies were 4 & 2 years old & they were such fun. Neither of them were at school & our days were fun.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

This time last year we had our garden transformed from a Dane wrecked mess . . . .


To our "external living area!" . . . .


It's hard to believe it's the same space but we now spend hours out there, weather permitting!

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Doritos & Dips
2. Strawberries
3. Cheese & crackers
4. Mars Bars & coffee
5. Cherry Tomatoes

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

I could name 5 songs I know "nearly" all the words to but there's usually a "la-la-la" in there somewhere!

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Hand in my notice at work & volunteer my skills else where,
2. Buy a home abroad (I need some sun!),
3. Invest for the future
4. Set up a Great Dane Rescue Home
5. Make my friends & family happy.

Five bad habits:

1. Like Kai I'm a smoker but I'm working on that one!
2. Spend to much, goes without saying really I'm a woman!
3. I leave wet towels on the bedroom floor which drives Andy MAD,
4. I stay up too late leaving myself tired
5. I hoard junk just in case I might ever need it.

Five things you like doing:

1. Spending time with my family,
2. Cooking for other people, especially new recipes,
3. I can now add gardening to this list which is something I never thought I'd say!
4. Blogging (of course),
5. Having breakfast in bed (but it doesn't happen often enough).

Five things you would never wear again:

1. Puff ball skirts . . .
2. A Cat Suit (self explanatory at 37! & Oh, yes I did it once),
3. Pig tails in my hair
4. A bikini,
5. Leg Warmers . .. . .
Five favourite toys:

1. My iPod,
2. My lap top,
3. My Digi Camera,
4. Any kitchen gadget I can get my hands on,
5. My mobile phone.

8 Pats for the Pooch:

RUTH said...

Sounds fun! I'll post tomorrow.
Rx

Akelamalu said...

I'll have a go, thanks. Love your answers - I think some of mine will be the same i.e. I wouldn't get in a bikini now let alone wear one! Oh and I love what you've done with your garden! :)

Anonymous said...

So does this mean we don't get a picture of said cat suit?

:-)

Sandee said...

Sure, I'll play along. I'll have the post up today. Love your answers. Your patio/backyard is awesome. Have a great day. :)

Shaz said...

OMG NO! Kai, all pictoral evidence was burnt years ago (probably weeks after they were taken!). It wasn't a good look!

talj said...

What a great post and your garden really has been wonderfully transformed! :o) {{HUGS}} xxx

meh said...

Hehe, who'd ever wanna wear leg warmers again?! :)
I agree with talj; you're garden was beautifully transformed!!!

sarabose said...

Very interesting blog this is and have shared with FB!
Notebook Drivers